NAS allows you to store your favorite DVD movies to NAS for backup or stream to Smart TV, Tablet, Samrtphone, TV Box, HD Media Player, Game Console, or other devices. While, before you can add DVD movies to NAS, you need to rip the content on DVD discs to NAS and your devices accepted formats first, such as MP4, MKV, AVI, etc., so that you can easy stream DVD movies from NAS to your devices for playback.
There are many DVD Ripper applications available designed to rip and convert DVDs for NAS streaming and play properly on media devices.Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate or Aimersoft DVD Ripper or Handbrake are three of the dynamic DVD ripping tool that can help you achieve the goal effortlessly- rip DVD to a common video with high output video quality and fast ripping speed.
Take Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate as an example:
The Best DVD to NAS converter can help us finish DVD conversion bypassing DVD copy protection. It is capable of ripping DVD to MP4, AVI, MKV for NAS streaming with no quality loss; it also enables you to copy DVD main movies for backup onto NAS in .vob format. And what we've learned is that MP4 would be one best target format for it is fully compatible with nearly all media devices including iPad, iPhone, PS4, Xbox One S, Smart TV, Apple TV, etc. If you are running on Mac OS X, turn to Mac version. If you haven't got the software, download it now and let's start the DVD to NAS conversion.
Download Windows | Download Mac
How to rip and copy DVDs to NAS with original quality?
Step 1. Add DVD files
Launch the DVD ripping program for NAS devices . Then click "Load DVD" to import the DVD files you want to convert. To select the subtitles you like, simply click Subtitle and select the one you prefer.
Step 2. Choose an output format
Click "Out Format" bar and choose your desired format.
a. If you want to transfer DVD to NAS retaining DVD quality and you have a lot of spare space, you can choose directly copy DVD disc and then burn them to an iso. That makes one file for the DVD. Make sure your media streamer can read .iso files first.
b. If you want to store hundreds of DVD's on NAS, then rip the DVD to MP4, MKV, AVI etc. compressed format. And click "Settings" bar, you can adjust the level of compression to suit the quality you want.
Hot Search: DVD to QuickTime | DVD to Android | Create 3D movie for Gear VR |DVD to Windows Media Player | Play DVD on Windows 10
Besides the wide range of supported formats you can choose between two presets: High Quality or Small Size, but you can also customize settings and change the encoder, resolution, frame rate, bitrate for video and encoder, channel, sample rate and bitrate for audio.
Step 3. Start copying DVD to NAS drive
Press the "Convert" button to start ripping DVD movies for NAS streaming.
When the conversion finishes, click "Open" button to find the output movie files. Make sure the wireless network connection is accessible among the NAS and HD TV or other media players. Then just enjoy the high quality DVD movies via NAS at ease.
Download Windows | Download Mac
Buy Windows | Buy Mac
- How to Backup DVD to Hard Drive on Computer?
- Top 5 Best Youtube to MP3 Converters and Downloaders
- How to Insert MP4 into PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, etc.?
- How to Play Movies on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge(DVD, iTunes, 4K and HD Video)?
- Convert Videos to H.265 (HEVC) Video on Windows or Mac
- About H.265, Best H.265 HEVC Converter and How to Convert H.265 on Windows/Mac
- Play MP4 video on PS4 from USB Drive
- How to Stream Media Files to PS3 via USB/Media Server for playing on TV?
- Convert Samsung NX1 H.265/HEVC to MOV, MP4, MPG, WMV for editing, playing
- Play MKV, AVI, M4V, FLV, VOB, WMV, Xvid Videos on Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
- Play MKV movies on Android tablet or smartphone
- Watch 2K/4K, HD and Common Videos and Movies on any Kids Tablets
- Sync Music, Videos from PC/Mac to iPhone 6 (Plus)
- Get iTunes .m4v on Your Android Tablet or Smartphone
- Best Video/Audio File Formats for Galaxy Tab S
- Enjoy lossless FLAC files on iTunes and iPhone/iPod/iPad
- Encode MP4 to MPEG-2 for Playing in TV stations, TV receivers, DVD players, Non-linear editing software
- How to Play DVD on QuickTime Player?