MXF is a "container" or "wrapper" format, primarily used in digital cameras like Canon XF100/XF105/XF200/XF205/XF300/XF305, Panasonic HVX200/HPX300/HPX500 P2 MXF, Sony XDCAM, etc. to store audio, video and programmed data. Why user need change MXF video files into QuickTime MOV? The main reason is that MXF file format is not compatible with many programs, including QuickTime, FCP, etc. So you may have problem to play, edit or use MXF format. (See QuickTime support file formats)
Apple QuickTime movie is stored in the format of Apple QuickTime (.mov, .qt) which is a file format for storing and playing back movies with sound. Though developed and supported primarily by Apple Computer, the format of Apple QuickTime isn't limited to Macintosh operating systems. Apple QuickTime is also commonly used in Windows systems, and other types of computing platforms. In Windows, QuickTime movies usually appear with the .mov filename extension.
Here, Hivimoore recommend smart MXF to QuickTime MOV converter for you - Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. With it, you can quickly get your QuickTime MOV file from your MXF files(including 3D MXF, 4K MXF) for a variety of MOV-compatible applications with best quality, fastest converting speed, excellent A/V sync and so on.
Plus, the best MXF to QuciTime mov converter includes a built-in video editor, you can use to cut off anything you don't want, crop the video screen to any region or focus on any screen area what you want, merge a few MXF clips into one, and adding all kinds of cool effects and so on.
And The MXF Video Converter Ultimate also can convert all MXF file to HD MOV, HD MP4, HD AVI, HD TS, HD WMV, HD MKV, HD MPG, H.265 MP4/MKV, 3D MP4/MOV/MKV/AVI, etc. for playing, editing, sharing, burning, etc. so that we can use our favorite MXF video files everywhere.
Now, follow the step to use this great MXF to MOV video converter to edit and convert MXF to QuickTime MOV format on Windows and Mac.
Support the latest Windows 10
Support the latest macOS Sierra and El Capitan
----Read more: Play DVD on QuickTime | Edit MXF in Premiere Pro CC | Free Edit MXF in FCP X | Edit DVD in FCP 7
Steps on Transcoding MXF to QuickTime mov on Windows 10 as example
Step 1. Add MXF videos to the MXF to QuickTime MOV converter
First, export your MXF files from your camcorder to PC. Then, either click "Add Files" icon to load the MXF videos you want or directly drag your MXF videos to the program window. Now, you can see they'll appear in the left item tray as thumbnails.
Note: If you want to join multiple MXF clips into a big file, at this time, you can directly finish this job in this app. re-arrange the imported videos according to the play order, and then check the box "Merge all videos into one file" option at the bottom.
Step 2. Choose QuickTime MOV as the output format
On the right side of the program window, there is an "Output Format" pane, where you need to click the format icon to open its output format window. An then in the pop-up output format window, select "Format" category >"Video" subcategory and then select "MOV" as the output format.
Optional - You can also hit "Settings" option at the bottom of the "Output Format" pane to open setting window. Here, all parameters for audio and video can be re-set, including encoder, frame rate, resolution, bitrates, etc.
Step 3. Customize your video files (Optional)
This MXF to QuickTime MOV Video Converter also provides video editing functions. Simply click the "Edit" in the menu bar to enter into its editing window.
- Trim feature can let you trim any clip you want.
- Crop feature helps you to remove black bars or fucous on the screen area you want.
- Effect feature helps you to add some cool effects to enhance your videos. Also, you can adjust brightness, contrast, and saturation, add watermark or subtile files.
Step 4. Start the MXF to QuickTime MOV conversion
Click the "Convert" button to perform MXF to MOV conversion on your Windows or Mac. A while later, this app will finish the job for you. Of course, you can simultaneously do other jobs without being disturbed by letting it run in the background.
After conversion, you can make full use of these converted MXF video files now. Can't find the output files? Just click the "Open Folder" button at the bottom of the program window.
With this MXF to QuickTime MOV Converter, you can freely enjoy your interesting MXF videos shot by your MXF camcorder.
- How to Free Download Music from YouTube to MP3?
- 2017 Best 4K Video Converter and 4K Video Downloader Review
- Best iTunes Video Converter for Windows 10/macOS Sierra
- How to Solve “Plex Not finding a MP4 movie” problem?
- WD TV can't Open MKV files? Why? How to Solve? Hivimoore Tell You!
- How to Insert MP4 into PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, etc.?
- Top 5 Best Youtube to MP3 Converters
- How to Play Movies on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge(DVD, iTunes, 4K and HD Video)?
- How to Encode MP4 to MPEG-2 for Playing in TV stations, TV receivers, DVD players, Non-linear editing software?
- Can PS4 play MKV, AVI, VOB, M4V, M2TS, H.265, WMV, FLV, Tivo videos?
- How to Play MP4 video on PS4 from USB Drive?
- Multiple Ways to Add lossless FLAC files to iTunes and iPhone/iPod/iPad
- Decode and Encode Samsung NX1 H.265 to MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV for editing, burning or playing